Connecting Your Equipment
To connect your Wireless Linksys Router, do NOT run the configuration CD that comes with Router. Instead, follow these easy steps to install and configure your router.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the wireless router- the port labeled “Internet”. -The other end of the Ethernet cable should go to the “LAN” port on the modem (Vision Net or BEC or 3 Com switch).
- You will also need a second Ethernet cord to connect your computer to the wireless router(temporarily)
- From your computer, log on to your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.).
- In the browser’s address bar, type this code: 192.168.1.1
- You will be promoted for a user id/user name and password. For the Linksys router, your user id and password are both admin.
- Once logged in, you need to change the default IP address to 192.168.2.1
- After closing the browser window, unplug the Ethernet cable going from the wireless router to your computer, turn the router off, count to 10 and then turn the router back on.
- When the power comes back on to your wireless router, try to access the internet via your Internet browser.